not really a tutorial. just some tips since someone asked me how i make beats;
1. sample yourself. keychains, tabletops, bottles, etc.
2. drench stuff in high quality reverb VSTs.
3. wow and flutter tape effects (just sounds cool. here i used tb_reelbus but u-he satin is better... even better is to get a 4-track, tascam 424 mkII is great... goes for reasonably cheap on ebay)
4. "snappy" sounds only.
5. a tiny bit of extra saturation to make it sound more evil.
6. don't quantise, it makes everything sound rigid and boring.
7. basics: kick on 1 and 3, snare on 2 and 4, syncopated perc.
i made another video for a more glitchy IDM aphex twin style type beat here:
https://soundcloud.com/mmyrtveit if you want to check out my other music. :)